The College of New Jersey

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     

Filing a complaint in a municipal court

In New Jersey, the local or state police enforce the state and local laws. The police should be involved in the investigation of crimes or offenses. They are best suited to filing complaints against individuals who break the law and they can provide charging information. If, however, the police do not choose to file a complaint, you may file a complaint directly with the court.

View memo on what you should know and do to file a complaint (PDF)

TCNJ Campus Police establishes an early warning system (EW System)Read Memo
+ +